Friday, February 6, 2009

Remember Me?

2nd grade is a big year for Catholic kids. I had the honor today of participating in Will's Right of Covenant ceremony during school Mass. This comes after Baptism and First Reconciliation. Parents stand with their child and place a wooden cross necklace around their neck. This is to be worn by the child when they attend Mass so the parish is aware that soon they will be partaking in the Eucharist. As a mom I'm thrilled. Will is very aware of the walk he is taking and is visibly growing closer to God. He announced today that he could not wait to take the Eucharist. In hearing this, my son reminded me that I too should not be able to wait commune with God. The world had crept in again and I had forgotten I won't ever be full without Him. I remembered my spirit needed food and nourishment. John 6:53-57 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. 57Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me.

1 comment:

Craig said...

Hey Kimmer, I've been enjoying your posts, you're very honest in sharing your family and faith thoughts! Very cool that Will is in touch with his spirituality like that at his age. I like the scripture too. HEAVY stuff!

Luv,
Craigger